Featured Post

read write giggle repeat

bookings justinesless@yahoo.com

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Looking Back On It Now

 Looking back on it now 

It's startling how love can take a vice like grip on you...



Love sick

Love lorn

Love 

Is

The 

Drug


I lost my mind

Nearly jumped in front of a train


Drove through back streets 

Wanting to crash the car 

Just to feel something other than longing


Spent time

Wasted time

Wanting him


His intellect 

His gaze upon me

His desire for me 



Looking back on it now

In the coolness of a winters  evening 


I see myself 

As he saw me


There are people who come into your life 


Arrive 

Like a hurricane


And I'm so pleased

I got a category five.


I see myself now 

as he did then


The parts of the city 

We inhabited


I became myself 


I became 

Love ..

No comments: